Saturday, March 28, 2009

Boot from Network with SCCM 2007 for OS Deployment

Installed MDT 2008 and SCCM 2007 R2 and I created a .wim image file for OS deployment via SCCM 2007 R2 but i dont get any progress even at the first step as booting from network.

And i got following error message on client PC

PXE-T01: File not Found
PXE-E3B: TFTP Error - File not Found

I searched many blog and technet but i dont find any resolution for this problem. And then, i started to try everything that all troubleshooting methods, many log files, many tools and at last, i solved it as following:

1. Installed SCCM
2. Isntalled WDS and disabled any response client PC's
3. Installed DHCP
4. Already, boot image files is ready no any action for boot files
5. I created DP for boot image files
6. I created a .wim file on Operationg System Image then distributed any DP.
7. I created a task sequence and then advertised via right clicking
8. And more important point: You create a machine definition on Computer Association that included MAC Address and GUID (you can find this at startup screen or DHCP)

And unbelievable, amazing :) my client pc connected to TFTP and booting my boot.wim file no any problem.

More: www.mshowto.org

No comments: